Mold in a business HVAC system can cause serious problems, especially when moisture helps it grow quickly. Excessive mold growth has the potential to harm the health of customers and staff members; it often triggers asthmatic and allergic reactions.
This dangerous fungus may also affect your business financially. It can eventually harm equipment and necessitate expensive repairs. When it causes medical problems, mold also raises the risk that companies will face legal action.
Learn tips to stop mold growth in your business HVAC system:
Ways To Stop Mold Growth In Your Business HVAC System
To prevent mold from growing in a heating or cooling system, be sure to clean and maintain the unit on a routine basis. Shut down the equipment before installing new air filters and cleaning surfaces. The following tips can also help:
- Take steps to prevent excess moisture from entering the business and its HVAC system. Avoid opening windows in humid or misty weather, and only install appropriate amounts of insulation.
- Try to keep unwanted water from infiltrating the structure. Check basement walls and repair any leaks. Put caulk in above-ground cracks that cause leakage. Floor drains may prevent indoor flooding.
- Use mold inhibitors to minimize the growth of fungus in HVAC systems. Thoroughly disinfect various components, such as the system’s air ducts and the blades on its fans.
- If you construct another building or expand the existing structure, keep mold prevention in mind while planning and ordering supplies. Ensure that the design and location allow for adequate drainage.
- To reduce mold growth, take steps to promptly dry any surfaces or materials that become wet. Fans, space heaters and dehumidifiers may help you accomplish this; it is worth the cost of extra electricity.
- When water damages a building, hire a contractor with expertise in remediating mold. You might need to replace carpeting, drywall, furniture or insulation. Concrete surfaces may require repainting.
Trusted HVAC Services Company In Chandler
Bruce’s Air Conditioning and Heating can repair or replace your business HVAC system at an affordable rate. We also install thermostats, heat pumps, air handlers, central A/C units and much more.
Bruce’s AC and Heating is your trusted HVAC services company in Chandler – We have earned an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Follow and like us on Facebook for additional helpful advice and information on HVAC equipment!