In the Valley of the Sun, AC units can run almost continuously from late April to early October. Operating virtually non stop during these months, your HVAC system provides cool indoor temperatures when you need relief from the blazing heat outdoors. Proper maintenance is key to saving money during this time, by ensuring your system is running efficiently, as well as reducing the need for costly and unnecessary repairs.
Homeowners choosing not to schedule routine maintenance will often unfortunately discover the meaning of the old adage – penny wise, and pound foolish. Putting off regular AC maintenance can result in unexpected expenses, and it’s certainly a recipe for surprise breakdowns during the hottest time of the year.
Having your HVAC system on a yearly maintenance schedule delivers peace of mind with lower repair costs, less frustration, and more efficient operation according to Energystar.gov. Here are six more reasons why it’s important to keep up with regular AC maintenance:
- When your air conditioning system is properly serviced, you can tack on an extra three to five years to the lifespan of your HVAC system.
- A poorly operating AC system will use excessive energy by working too hard, causing inconsistent indoor air temps and reduced comfort.
- Almost all HVAC manufacturers require routine, preventive maintenance to keep the system warranty valid. If you do have a system problem, it may be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
- As dust and dirt build up during the year, your cooling system becomes less reliable and efficient, ultimately costing you more money in excessive utility bills and system repairs as about 50 percent of your home’s energy costs are used by the HVAC system.
- System parts require regular lubrication and a reduction in lubricant can cause breakdowns in parts and motors. Your HVAC equipment will wear out quickly resulting in more repairs and parts replaced.
- Regular inspection, adjustments, and cleaning of blower components helps to maintain proper airflow levels. Airflow issues can reduce your HVAC system efficiency by up to 15% and increase monthly energy bills.
Your local air conditioning experts at Bruce’s Air Conditioning & Heating offer maintenance agreements to simplify AC maintenance and help keep your HVAC system running smoothly all year long. Call us today at 480-968-5652 for additional information on regular servicing and to schedule your in-home system inspection.