Looking to stay up on the latest home improvement tips and tricks to live efficiently and comfortably? Subscribe to our blog today and we’ll keep you in the loop with useful HVAC tips and home comfort advice.Subscribe Today for the Latest Tips
When it comes to new home construction, Phoenix is one of the busiest cities in the United States. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Phoenix added over half a million new residents between 2010 and 2017, bringing the total population to 4.7 million people. The forecast is for a steady increase in population over the next decade, making Phoenix one of the fastest growing regions in the U.S. With this exponential growth, one thing is for certain – all those incoming families need homes to live in and plenty of air conditioning.
New Construction Is Booming
In terms of building and new home starts, The Phoenix Business Journal reports, “The metro Phoenix area is up 18 percent in single-family permits from this time last year.” That amounts to thousands of new homes being built when compared with 2017. If you are in the process of having a new house built, or buying a new home for your family, it is a good idea to plan ahead and ensure your HVAC needs are given the attention they deserve.
Is Not Always a Top Priority for Developers
When it comes to designing new homes, architects and builders tend to focus on current trends and eye-catching options like open floor plans, larger chef-friendly kitchens and family great rooms. Formal dining rooms and separate living rooms are becoming relics of the past. Unseen (and unsexy) HVAC systems often take a back seat in terms of design and specifications. However, when the summer temperatures hit triple digits, nothing will seem more important than the air conditioning in your new home. Unfortunately, as HVAC experts, we see firsthand, the design flaws and builder’s mistakes after new homes are built.
Consult with Our Experts Before Construction Begins
If you are in the design phase of your new home project, consider giving us a call before construction begins. Our staff has the experience, knowledge and expertise that builders quite simply don’t have. Sometimes a simple design or engineering recommendation can save loads of trouble and expense down the road. Also, if you are buying a new home, it is a great idea to have us perform an inspection before you purchase the home, so we can inform you of the state and efficiency of the HVAC system. We can help you in all phases of assessing, choosing and designing an HVAC system, including:
- Choosing the Right HVAC System for Your New Home – With so many manufacturers and options, getting the right model and style of air conditioner can be extremely challenging. Our professionals will explain the pros and cons of various systems and help you sort through the mountains of data and specs. We will explain it all, so you can make the right decision for your home.
- Energy Saving HVAC Systems – As the cost of electric power goes up, choosing energy efficient HVAC equipment becomes critical. The Energy Star rating is the government’s way of indicating energy efficiency. The cost of your new HVAC system is substantial. Choosing an energy efficient system will help save you money in the long run.
- HVAC System Location – If you’re new to Arizona, you may have noticed air conditioners located on rooftops. Deciding where to locate you HVAC system is crucial. Rooftop or ground level AC systems have different advantages and disadvantages.
- Heat Pump or Furnace? – People move to Phoenix because the winters are mild. However, choosing between a heat pump and furnace is one of the many decisions you will need to make.
- Checking the “V” in HVAC – New homes are more air tight than ever before. There is an art and science involved in creating proper flow and ventilation throughout new triple insulated homes.
- Ductwork Is Critical to Effectively Cooling and Heating Your New Home – Choosing an HVAC contractor who understands the importance of your entire system, including installation of effective and sound ductwork, is crucial. Too often, unseen parts of the HVAC system don’t get the attention they deserve.
The Right HVAC System Will Give You Years of Comfort in Your New Home
Choosing the best HVAC system for your new home and the right contractor for installation are crucial decisions you’ll need to make as you design your new home. Why not give us a call at 480-968-5652 and we’ll be happy to help you decide what’s right for you.